M81 is a company specialized in system software running on IBM i operating system (also known as OS/400 or i5/OS), to help IT teams to better manage their systems.
The products made by M81 address complex areas, but are very simple to implement and IT teams can work with them very quickly.
The areas covered are, for example:
- Hot backups
- Create tests, extraction, anonymisation environments…
- Advanced monitoring of anything running on IBM i, integrated with well-known products like Nagios (or any compatible product like Centreon, Icinga, Zabbix, ChekMK,…) or others like PRTG, Coservit, …
- Automatic Database recovery after a “Data accident” (or after a disk crash or a disaster, with none of the HA market solution implemented in your company)
(we are working on other softwares that will be announced in the next months).
The team consist of developers and consultants with very good IBM i experience, for many years, with well-known expertise in areas as diverse as the IBM i Operating System, external storage units (Storwize, SVC, FlashSystems, DS8xxx, EMC vMAX and others, …), High Availability software, Database Journaling, ….
Pascal Ruckebusch, director of M81 and CTO, started his carrier at Info3D (a North of France company), then he was the technical director of Diane Info and ACT400. All these companies were recognized for their high technical level in the world of AS/400, iSeries, i5/OS, IBM i.
Pascal has been, among other jobs, a trainer for certification education for IBM Business Partners.
He has also been product manager for the ADRES product (software for managing OS/400 distributed on multiple locations in APPC) that was in the IBM catalog in the 90’s under the name SAT (System Administration Tool).
Therefore, the products designed/maintained by Pascal are active on more than 1300 IBM i/OS400 partitions, including more than 300 LPARs using M81 products (more than 150 customers and partners have already trusted M81) !
Our headquarter is in Lyon (France), and we operate throughout France, Europe, and around the World.
SERVICES MADE BY M81
The delivery made by M81 are those related to the implementation of our products FLASH for i, CONTROL for i and RECOVER for i on IBM i Operating System on Power servers, as well as the various hardware and systems that are now linked to IBM i, such as External Storage, SAN Switches, VIOS, HMC, … and the associated software as for example: BRMS, DB2 for i, communications, security, cryptography, …
Of course we are mainly and actively training our partners.
- Installation, test, validation of our products
- Remote support and incident resolution
- Assistance and advice
- Delivery of fixes and new versions
- Analysis of new needs
- Implementation of the new functions wished by customers